AUSTIN, Texas, September 30, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Today, RetailMeNot, a global J2 company within its Ziff Davis division, announces the return of Cash Back Day, its annual national retail holiday with exclusive cash back offers from top retailers for 48 hours of savings November 4 and November 5. The official kickoff of the holiday shopping season will feature offers from hundreds of retailers to give shoppers a head start on holiday shopping while making money.
This year marks the third annual Cash Back Day, following its inaugural year in 2019. Originally celebrated by RetailMeNot as a one-day event, Cash Back Day returns this year as two full days. Exclusive cash back offers that allow consumers to earn cash while shopping before the holidays. The categories for shopping and saving range from fashion, electronics, travel, beauty and more. Last year Cash Back Day buyers earned on average $ 18 per purchase and, to date, RetailMeNot has paid almost $ 1 million for cash back day only.
New this year, buyers who download the RetailMeNot Search for offers The browser extension can save even more with access to exclusive cash back offers that are only available if the savings tool is installed. The Deal Finder browser extension automatically finds the best promo codes and cash back rewards at checkout so shoppers can achieve huge savings at over 20,000 stores. Buyers can also download the RetailMeNot application for easy access to cash back offers and instant savings on their mobile device.
“This holiday season, buyers will once again have to start early to avoid shipping delays and inventory shortages. All of this planning to get the perfect gift on time and at the right price can leave people feeling exhausted.” , said Kristin mcgrath, shopping expert for RetailMeNot. “RetailMeNot wants to reward people for shopping early by giving them cash at one of the biggest savings events of the year. While there is so much uncertainty in the world, one thing is certain: RetailMeNot has savings people can count on. to.”
We are in another unique shopping season similar to last year. As Cash Back Day approaches and to understand how this holiday shopping season will compare to the year before, RetailMeNot conducted a survey that found:
- Holiday shoppers plan to start very early this year, with 83% saying they will start before Thanksgiving. That’s up from 2020, with just over 60% of buyers one step ahead in November.
- Consumers are almost half and half divided when it comes to buying online or in stores. They will be doing more than half (51%) of their purchases online and 49% of their purchases in stores during the holiday season. This is in stark contrast to last year, when 88% of consumers said their Black Friday purchases would be mostly done online.
- COVID-19 has impacted buyer behavior from many angles. It triggered product shortages and shipping delays. But it has also accelerated the evolution of convenient shopping channels like in-store pickup and same-day delivery: 52% of consumers report buying more online since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Spending is on the rise this year. Consumers plan to spend 15% more than last year on their holiday shopping – $ 885.75 on average, against $ 766 in 2020 and $ 738 in 2019. However, they don’t mindlessly spend and are keenly focused on finding deals.
- Most importantly, consumers want free shipping for the holidays, with 46% of shoppers saying they’re more likely to buy from a retailer if they offer free shipping.
More results from RetailMeNot’s 2021 holiday survey can be found at https://www.retailmenot.com/blog/holiday-shopping-survey-data-2021.html.
Last year, Cash Back Day featured offers of up to 20% cash back from retailers like Macy’s, Sephora, The Home Depot, Stubhub, GameStop, PetSmart and more. Make sure to visit www.cashbackday.com for updates and more offers that will be revealed in the coming weeks.
The survey data comes from a recent survey with Kelton Global. The RetailMeNot Kelton holiday shopping survey was conducted between July 23, 2021 and July 26, 2021 among 1,082 nationally representative Americans aged 18 and over.
RetailMeNot is a leading savings destination that brings people and the things they love together through savings from retailers, brands and restaurants. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable with online and in-store discount codes, cash back offers and the RetailMeNot Deal Finder ™ browser extension. To learn more, visit https://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
About J2 Global:
J2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM) is a leading Internet information and services company comprised of a portfolio of brands including IGN, Mashable, Humble Bundle, Speedtest, PCMag, RetailMeNot, Offers.com, Spiceworks Ziff Davis, Everyday Health, BabyCenter and What To Expect in its Digital Media segment and eFax, eVoice, iContact, Campaigner, Vipre, IPVanish and KeepItSafe in its Cloud Services segment. J2 Global reaches over 230 million people per month through its brands. For more information visit: www.j2global.com
ALISON BROD MARKETING + COMMUNICATION
SOURCE RetailMeNot, Inc.