Laser has expanded its line of ultra-GTEK-certified HDMI 2.1 cables to include 3m and 5m options – the first time that HDMI 2.1 cables have been offered in Australia at these lengths.
In a world where game consoles, televisions, projectors and other home entertainment equipment improve in quality and performance, there is a need not only for additional lengths, but also for capacity that can deliver resolution up to 8K, 120Hz compatibility, 48-bit color, enhanced ARC (eARC), high dynamic range, and 48Gbps transfer rate, that’s triple the bandwidth of a non-HDMI 2.1 cable.
This means that it can support 4K at 120Hz and 8K at 60Hz as well as gaming features like ALLM (low latency automatic mode) and VRR (variable refresh rate) plus QFT (Quick Frame Transport) and QMS (Quick Media Streaming).
Some of the latest devices, including the Sony PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Foxtel iQ5, and the latest 4K and 8K TVs, will perform at a higher level with HDMI 2.1 cables.
Laser was already one of the first companies in Australia to have its cables certified to strict requirements and these new cable lengths will make them even more useful for customers.
The new 3m GTEK HDMI 2.1 cables are ideal for mounted TVs and home theater systems with sound bars.
Switching to the 5m cable will now allow home theater projectors to be connected to AV sources that can be within a few meters.
“We know consumers and industry have come to expect to be able to supply certified HDMI 2.1 Ultra cables in longer lengths, given the convenience of home installations and the distance between technologies such as their television and game console. Said Chris Lau, CEO of Laser.
âIt’s a frustration we’ve heard time and time again, so we’re thrilled to be the first in Australia to offer long-term HDMI 2.1 which will solve a real headache for consumers and ensure more people than ever before. will realize the true potential of their technology through highly affordable cables that come with a lifetime performance guarantee.
These longer GTEK HDMI 2.1 cables cost less than $ 100.
The 3m GTEK HDMI 2.1 cable is priced at $ 79 while the 5m cable is $ 99.
Both are available exclusively from JB Hi-Fi.
The 1.8m GTEK HDMI 2.1 cable is already available and is priced at $ 59.
Key features at a glance:
– Ultra High Speed ââver 2.1 Ultra certified HDMI cable
– Lifetime warranty
– Supports speeds up to 48 Gbps
– Supports resolutions at 4K / 120Hz and 8K / 60Hz
– Outstanding HDMI 2.1 features such as ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), QFT (Quick Frame Transport) and QMS (Quick Media Switching)
– Designed for streaming devices, new Sony PlayStation 5 and Xbox X game consoles and other HDMI compatible devices.
– eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the most advanced audio formats and the best audio quality
– 1.8 meter ($ 59 RRP) and now 3 meter ($ 79) and 5 meter ($ 99) length options