GAITHERSBURG, Md., September 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecommunications test and measurement solutions, has spoken to the press about its 5G network test solutions!
The solutions are classified into:
- 5G backbone network test: GL can simulate the multitude of 5G Core network elements such as UE + gNB, AMF, SMF, UPF, AUSF, UDM, UDR, NSSF and NRF.
- 5G voice and data quality test: GL can measure voice quality, latency, and throughput over all wireless networks, including 5G, by connecting directly to devices such as cell phones and sending and recording audio files.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/7c7dea44-c11f-4aba-b4f0-e52f2b2b3b86
“GL Communications has developed the CARDS ™ (Message Automation and Protocol Simulation) software simulation suite. This versatile software can emulate a multitude of different protocols covering time multiplexing (CAS, SS7, ISDN, etc.), voice over IP (SIP, RTP, SIGTRAN, etc.) and wireless (2G, 3G, 4G LTE, 5G), ”said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
“The end-to-end 5G network includes 5G access network (gNB), access and mobility management (AMF) function, authentication server function (AUSF), selection function slice (NSSF), Unified Data Management (UDM), Session Management Function (SMF) and User Plane Function (UPF) connected to data server or application functions and EPC / IMS core for interoperability. The core network and all of its underlying entities can be accurately tested for functionality and performance using the MAPS ™ framework.
Main features of 5G network tests
- Supports control plane signaling and user plane traffic
- Emulation of all 5G interfaces (N1, N2, N3, N4, N6, N8, N9, N10, N11, N12, N13, N14, N17, N20, N22)
- Supports HTTP2 / TLS simulation and Rest APIs in 5G Core
- The MAPS ™ framework is flexible enough to create a compliance test suite
- MAPS ™ 5G LAB: End-to-end testing using real and simulated UEs
- MAPS ™ 5G Interworking LAB: testing interworking calls between 5G, IMS, 4G, 3G and 2G networks
- Support loopback testing to fully test any 5G node functionality
- Traffic generation and verification over 5G including VoNR (Voice), FTP, Web (HTTP) and more with additional licenses – Mobile traffic core – GTP (ETH101) and Mobile Traffic Core – Gateway (ETH102) and PacketLoad ™
- Generate tens of thousands of UE signaling (load test)
- Generate and process NGAP / NAS messages (valid and invalid)
- Fully automated with Scripting and CLI (Command Line Interface) with API support
- Insertion of deficiencies to create invalid messages
- Customize call and message flow templates using the Script and Message Editor
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Generate scripted calls and receive automated calls
- Framework provides call statistics and event status, automation, remote access and schedulers to run 24/7 tests
He added: “Today’s telecommunications networks are transferring voice and data more than ever. Voice and data traffic is susceptible to overloaded networks, faulty network equipment, electromagnetic interference, network failures and upgrades. Therefore, it is essential to systematically and periodically test the end-to-end voice and data quality. GL’s Dual UTA HD and VQuad solution can connect to end-user equipment such as mobile phones for automated testing. The solution works by sending audio files from one device to another and then executing precise algorithms (such as POLQA according to ITU-T P.863) to measure the quality of the voice. The POLQA algorithm is specifically used to test broadband voice networks ”.
“GL’s Dual UTA HD and VQuad solution can also measure precise unidirectional delay on 5G networks. This is important because 5G networks promise to achieve ultra-low latency to enable a new class of applications. GL solutions can determine if the network is functioning as specified ”.
“Data testing is performed using GL’s NetTest solution. NetTest provides automated testing on mobile devices (Android and Apple) as well as Internet connections on PC. Data tests include TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, VoIP, SMS and email ”tests.
Main features of 5G voice and data tests
- End-to-end voice and data quality testing of any wireless network in an automated fashion with easy-to-use scripts.
- Test results are accessible through a convenient web browser interface. The results can be plotted on Google MAPS for performance based on location.
- Connect to mobile phones, smartphones and broadband devices using GL’s VQuad ™ – Dual UTA HD portable system.
- Perform validation tests when new services and infrastructure come online.
- Perform regression testing to measure network performance over time.
- Perform remote testing on any Android or IOS mobile device using the GL NetTest app.
- Perform high speed internet data tests on PC (3G / 4G LTE, 5G broadband, WiFi, wired) and on Apple / Android mobile devices – testing includes TCP, UDP, HTTP, VoIP, FTP, DNS, SMS , UEInfo, SimInfo, and PhoneInfo.
- Supported devices include mobile radio (Push-To-Talk) and mobile phones (VoLTE, 4G, 5G, 3G, Wi-Fi, WiMax)
- Supports narrowband (8k sample rate) and wideband (16k sample rate) connections for use in networks using AMR-WB.
About GL Communications Inc.
GL Communications is a global provider of telecom test and measurement solutions. GL solutions are used to verify the quality and reliability of wireless networks (4G LTE, 3G, 2G), SONET / SDH, Ethernet / IP, TDM and PSTN.
Email: [email protected]
Media contact: press [email protected]